Couples, discover Brussels with Greeters
- Opening Dates
- MAPS: Google Maps
A unique way to discover Brussels with its residents. Discover the Brussels that only the locals know with the Greeters!
For him, travelling is first and foremost about meeting people. For her, its all about finding the fantastic little gems that only the locals know about.
Well that's lucky, because around one hundred residents of Brussels, Greeters ambassadors for their region, want to welcome you in their free time and share their favourite spots with tourists.
Its an opportunity for exchange, to comment and to discover Brussels.
Greeters under the microscope
Are you a fan of gastronomy?
- Then why not meet up with Patrick, a connoisseur of fine food who loves to cook and go out for a bite to eat. He's always on the look out for new discoveries,
- Why not accompany Frieda to the Jette market on a Sunday and discover the local produce, the "brusseleir" accent and the atmosphere of the neighbourhood?
- Frédéric has loved Belgian beer ever since he was 15 years old. He attends festivals, competitions and tastings. He never passes up an opportunity to go and enjoy a "pintje" (half-pint of lager) or a nice Geuze.
Do you like art and culture?
- François will take you to visit the Florist's gardens at Laeken, a pearl of greenery, with its hidden paths and artistic installations.
- Jean knows dozens of stories from the history of Auderghem and the creation of Europe to the Val Duchesse Priory and the charming neighbourhoods of his commune.
Are you a romantic?
- Déborah knows all the best views in the city and loves to go there to collect her thoughts.
Please note that the Greeters are residents who give their spare time freely. If one of the above-mentioned Greeters is unable to accompany you, many more are available.
There are Greeters in Wallonia too! Why not take this opportunity to discover Charleroi, Mons, Nalur and Thuin with a Greeter!
Find out more
So, are you ready for a meeting like no other?
- website : http://www.bruxellesgreeters.be/rencontrer-un-greeter.php
- website : http://www.bruxellesgreeters.be
Discover the unknown corners of several of Belgium's regions during an authentic, free, meeting with a local resident!...