Love is in the air in Mons! A romantic weekend in Mons
Maison du Tourisme de la Région de Mons
Grand Place 22
- MAPS: Google Maps
Are you looking for ideas for a weekend for 2 in Mons? If so, take a look at this selection of unmissable spots.
Your romantic weekend in Mons
- Discovering the Grand-Place and its listed façades, including the City Hall, a gothic pearl. On its façade is the Singe du Grand-Garde (small iron monkey statue). Don' t forget to touch it with your left hand...it will bring you luck!
- Passing through the City Hall porch to reach the Jardin du Mayeur, a peaceful haven in the heart of the city.
- Visiting the Saint Waudru collegiate church displaying 29 chapels, its Treasure and its stained-glass windows. And not forgetting, the Car d’Or (golden wagon), that each year plays a significant role part in the eponymous procession.
- Why not have a picnic at the foot of the belfry? Then, retrace your steps and take the Ruelle César to get to the Parc du Château. Here you will benefit from a magnificent panoramic view of the whole region.
- On your return journey towards the Grand-Place, why not stop by the "Mons où Venir" boutique to unearth your memories of Mons.
- With a Greeter: a totally different experience. Why not meet up with a local volunteer who will share his favourite things about Mons, his passions, suggestions and anecdotes with you...
- On a Triobalade: a Piaggio rickshaw takes you along the little streets, courtyards and gardens. Your guide, Ludovic, will help you enjoy the city in a fun and totally new way.
- On a horse-drawn carriage: with "Balades éclairées du comte et de la comtesse de Beaulieu." The Salon des Lumières (restaurant) and the Calèche de la Caspienne (Caspienne horse-drawn carriage) take you on a journey to discover through its architecture, politics and important figures, what daily life was like in Mons in the 18th century. Combine your horse-drawn carriage trip with a meal at the "Salon des Lumières," where you will be offered a menu centred around crêpes.
And for some relaxation at the end of a busy day
Tourist information on the town MONS
Prestigious collections of works of art are housed in the several museums of the city like for example the Museum of Fine Arts and the Museum of Decorative Arts....