A unique excursion for 2 at the Malmundarium in Malmedy
Place du Châtelet 10
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Malmundarium is a new space exhibiting art, history and culture of Malmedy, the "tourism capital" of the Eastern districts of Belgium.
Art, history and culture in a totally new, enchanting setting
- Atelier du cuir (the leather workshop): a film and an interactive screen illustrate the history of Malmedy's thriving leather industry in years gone by.
- Atelier du carnaval (the carnival workshop): an interactive screen, an animated corridor with giant slides, music and 15 traditional masks and costumes demonstrate the Cwarmê Carnival in all of its facets.
- Atelier du papier et fabrication (paper and production workshop): archive documents, scale models and film projections will immerse you into the history and production of this noble material. You will be able to produce your own piece of paper to take home with you.
- Petit trésor de la cathédrale (The cathedral's little treasure) presents several centre pieces of religious art from the former principality of Stavelot-Malmedy.
- The Historium: a film presenting the history of Mamedy, an interactive screen illustrating current life in Malmedy and a timeline looking over the big events that have taken place since the arrival of St. Remacle, founder of the monastery in 648.
2 monumental exhibitions in 2014
5/4 to 2/11/14: "L'œuvre gravée de Rembrandt" (The engraved works of Rembrandt), around 50 works, including "Les mendiants", "le Retour du fils prodigue" and three self-portraits. The engraved works are differentiated by their originality, composition, drawing style, meaning and symbolism that they stem from.
Tourist information on the town MALMEDY
The former Benedictine Monastery was built around 648 and the current buildings date from the 18th century. It houses the Treasure of the Cathedral of Malmedy...