Couple's Visit to the Atomium
Square de l'Atomium
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Atomium is an iconic architectural symbol for Brussels and Belgium.
He loves architecture and science-fiction films.
She visited the Atomium for the first time in her mother's tummy in 1958.
No, the Atomium isn't a structure brought here by aliens.
On the contrary, it was created in 1958 for EXPO '58, the Brussels World's Fair.
Couple's trip to the Atomium
From the lift with its glass ceiling, to the stunning panoramic view of the whole of Brussels, a visit to the Atomium is well worth it:
- A surrealist journey through enormous tubes and spheres,
- 8 exhibition spaces spread throughout 5 spheres,
- a permanent exhibition about Expo 58 and the fabulous world of the 50's,
- themed and original temporary exhibitions on architecture and design all year round,
- a panoramic restaurant, 92m at its highest point, to give you an unbeatable view of the city while you have a romantic, gourmet evening meal amidst the magical illuminations.
She felt strong emotions, like childhood memories.
He's left imagining a trip into space, in an incredible 9-balled machine.
The Atomium is the symbol of Brussels and Belgium, a unique monument and an emblematic witness to the Universal Exhibition of 1958....