A unique way to discover Brussels with its residents. Discover the Brussels that only the locals know with the Greeters!
Greeters under the microscope
Are you a gastronomy fan?
- Then why not meet up with Patrick, a connoisseur of fine food who loves to cook and go out for a bite to eat. He's always on the look out for new discoveries,
- Why not accompany Frieda to the Jette market on a Sunday and discover the local produce, the "brusseleir" accent and the atmosphere of the neighbourhood?
- Frédéric has loved Belgian beer for the last 15 years. He attends festivals, competitions and tastings. He never passes up an opportunity to go and enjoy a "pintje" (half-pint of lager) or a nice Geuze.
Do you like art and culture?
- François will take you to visit the Florist's gardens at Laeken, a pearl of greenery, with its hidden paths and artistic installations.
- Raised by a father who was fascinated by Brussels' history, Isabelle will introduce you to new places or public art works. She will also take you to the typical cafés that only locals go to.
- Catherine, an enthusiastic polyglot, will share her favourite art and culture tips: exhibitions, plays, concerts...
- Alain and Marlène suggest walks that explore the Art Deco and Art Nouveau of the east of Brussels.
- Déborah knows all the best views in the city and loves to go there to collect her thoughts.
There are Greeters in Wallonia too!
- website : http://www.bruxellesgreeters.be/rencontrer-un-greeter.php
Discover the unknown corners of several of Belgium's regions during an authentic, free, meeting with a local resident!...