Musée du Cinquantenaire
Parc du Cinquantenaire 10
- MAPS: Google Maps
Set off on a fascinating journey together at the Cinquantenaire Museum in Brussels.
She is fascinated by Egypt and the wonderful world of the pyramids. He loves the decorative arts and ceramics.
A romantic round the world trip
At the Cinquantenaire Museum, our couple will embark on a round the world trip thanks to the prestigious collections that illustrate the history of Belgium and of the great world civilisations:
- Antiquity: Egypte, the Middle East, Greece, Rome,
- national archaeology: Prehistory, the Gallo-Roman and Merovingian periods,
- European decorative arts: Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Romanesque and Mosan Art, Gothic, renaissance and baroc, 17th to 20th century art, glasswork and ceramics,
- Non-European civilisations: Pre-colombian Americas, Océania, India, South-East Asia, Islamique Art,
All year round
- Large, themed temporary exhibitions, designed to reveal other facets of the history of art,
- Conferences related to the exhibitions running at that time and the permanent exhibitions,
- Ceramics workshops.
He loves the objects that inspired Hergé to create the Tintin album 'The Broken Ear'. She wondered at the hyroglyphs, the beautiful, refined jewellery and the mummies.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 741 72 11
- website : http://www.kmkg-mrah.be
Set in the heart of Cinquantenaire Park, the museum offers visitors a rich and varied view of our past from pre-history to the 20th century...