European Sled Dog Championships
A first in Belgium! Sled Dog teams steered by a musher compete at the European Championships in Stambruges from 22 to 24/11/13.
Who could forget those films that take place in the frozen north with scenes of sled dog races?
In this sports competition dogs pull sleds steered by a musher (the driver) on snow or ice. The team that finishes the course in the least amount of time is crowned the winner.
This winter sporting event brings together 150 participants from all over Europe and will be sure to enchant you!
The Sled Dog Championships is:
- 12 race categories
- from single-dog sleds to 12-dog teams
- made up of several well-known sled dog breeds from huskies from Siberia, to Alaskan Malamutes and Samoyeds.
Snowy conditions are, of course, ideal for the event, but wheels will be fitted to the sleds if there isn't any.
Sea of Sand
The state nature reserve, the Mer de Sable (Sea of Sand), which is listed as a Major Heritage site in Wallonia, is located to the south of the joint forest of Stambruges in the entity of Beloeil in Hainaut (Belgium).
Also discover the "Sled dog race"
- website : http://www.ec-cart-sleddogs-beloeil-2013.be
Tourist information on the town BELOEIL
Visit our partners' webpages
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Living objects. Made for India - Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Jean-François D'Or Exhibition. Moodboards
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Tony Oursler Exhibition - Phantasmagoria