The Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival
Some 70 films (fictions, documentaries, shorts), give a taste of recent productions from Mediterranean countries. In Brussels 05 to 12/12/13!
There is an eclectic schedule planned for this 13th edition of the festival!
New in 2013
Due to the success of this event, which has grown and grown, the Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival will now take place every year.
By turning this biennial event into an annual one, the "MED" will be able to increase efforts to distribute its latest films from the Mediterranean.
It will, therefore, engage visitors and ask them to contemplate, every year, the many issues of this region through the medium of film.
Since its creation, the event is dedicated to the idea of social cohesion and "living together".
This year, the event will be taking place as part of the celebrations of the 50th anniversary of the signing of bilateral agreements on Moroccan and Turkish workforces in Belgium.
The greenhouses of the Botanical gardens become the meeting point for all those who want to discover gems of the 7th art from Mediterranean countries.
You will be able to:
- Meet special guests such as actors, directors and producers,
- Move to the sound of melodies of the south during concerts and musical evenings,
- Taste the many flavours of the Mediterranean market.
As the Brussels sky turns grey and the cold weather arrives, the MED has just what you need to warm right up again!
Discover the complete line-up below.
Tickets are on sale at the Botanique or online at www.mocom.be
Organised every two years since 1989, the Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival (MED) has become an unmissable event for fans of cinema.
To promote a cinema that is seldom, if ever, recognised, it proposes memorable films from the four corners of the Mediterranean that talk encourage cultural richness, debate and exchange.
For its 13th edition, the Brussels Mediterranean Film Festival invites you to the Botanique, from the 5th to the 12th of December!
Don't hesitate to join the MED community on Facebook!
- website : http://www.mocom.be
- French-speaking Community Arts Centre - Le Botanique (SAINT-JOSSE-TEN-NOODE)
Visit our partners' webpages
- Cristina Iglesias Exhibition at Brussels Fine Arts Museum
- The paleoLAB at the Museum of natural Sciences
- Fotofever Brussels
- The Brussels Design Market: The Design Market!
- Exhibition: Zurbarán - Master of the Spanish Golden Age