"De fer et de feu" mediaeval camp
Discover life in a mediaeval war camp with tents, weapons, armour, the soldierly and the debauched in Rebecq.
Have a glass (or two!) of a traditional mediaeval drink, bargain with the merchants, visit the camp and watch the artillery and battles, archery and axe throwing, and try on armour if you can bear the weight...
Fellows will be glad to explain how weapons were used and how they came about and a variety of stands will help you understand what life was like during the Middle Ages.
See how our ancestors made candles and rope. You can also try to make them yourselves!
Blacksmiths will be making knives and arrowheads in front of your very eyes.
The Terrible Inquisition will once more seize the infidels, knights will parade before you and combatants will put up fights to win their fair ladies' hearts.
Join the many activities for you and your children.
€6 for adults
€4 for under 12s and disabled people
Free for under 6s
For cultural groups and societies there will be one free entry for 5 paying guests.
- tel. : +32 (0) 476 33 39 22
- website : http://www.ferdelance.be
Tourist information on the town REBECQ
Visit our partners' webpages
- Exhibition: Zurbarán - Master of the Spanish Golden Age
- The Brussels Vintage Market
- Around the World in 80 Letters at the Museum of Letters and Manuscripts
- Nautilus: Navigating Greece - Exhibition in Brussels
- Creative Workshop at the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate