Mons Street Theatre Festival
This free and original concept allows people of all ages to taste the pleasures of theatre at the heart of the city. In Mons from 13 to 15/09/13.
Both popular and prestigious, Mons-Passé-Présent (Mons-Past-Present), is an original walking-show.
It tells the wonderful story of Mons and its residents with several scenes. Each night there are short theatrical scenes, but also music, dancing and acrobatics in the historical setting of the city hall, the Jardins du Mayeur and little winding streets. The show is accessible from the city hall.
Discover the history of Mons through street theatre!
The scenes, which last 10 minutes and are spread around the historic city centre, have been entrusted to several different directors.
The only rule is to follow the year's theme. And in 2013, the theme will be... shhhhh! It's a surprise!
During the Fêtes de Wallonie, discover the historic centre of Mons through a theatrical production like no other!
Locations of the productions:
- Barrabas courtyard in the Hôtel de Ville,
- Jardin du Mayeur,
- MOC's courtyard. (Former Lycée Bervoets),
- the University Library's coutryard,
- the Hôtel de Gages' courtyard (rue d'Enghien),
- the foot of the belfry (rue des Gades).
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Alvar Aalto - Lightings: Lightings Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Extravagant Traveller - Frédéric Platéus exhibition at MAC
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!