Speeddown Soapbox Racing in Malmedy
Around 50 teams will hurtle down a hill at lightning speed surrounded by hundreds of spectators in the village of Pont.
8th round of the TPP championship.
It's not a laughing matter... quite the opposite: it's the 8th round of the TPP championship. The soapbox race has its rules, competitions and champions.
The vehicles are far from ramshackle: they have bodies in resin, suspensions, hydraulic disc brakes capable of stopping a box moving at 70 km/h in just 15m.
In 2011, the route was modified and is now the most technically complete in Belgium.
Pont village is located between Ligneuville and Recht.
Follow signs at exits 12 and 13 of motorway E42 and from Ligneuville.
Pont, it's a soapbox bonanza!
- tel. : +32 (0) 497 19 70 50
- website : http://www.infotpp.be/Pont.html
Tourist information on the town MALMEDY
Visit our partners' webpages
- A Walloon Christmas in a Museum!
- Tierra Argentina Exhibition in Malmedy - Photographs by Camila Guns
- Marionettes du Monde - Puppets from Around the World in Stavelot
- India Water - Art walk in the city of Liège
- Exhibition: The Unusual World of Paul Delvaux - Works on paper