International Cycling Classic "Liege-Bastogne-Liege"
Follow the 100th edition of the oldest of the international cycling 'Classics'. In Liege, April 2014!
Also known as the 'Doyenne' ( the oldest), the race is one of the 5 'Classics' of the European cycling calendar. It is part of the Belgian Ardennes Classics series, which includes other iconic races such as 'La Flèche Wallone'.
Only seven riders have evr won both races in the same year:
- Swiss rider Ferdi Kübler (in 1951 and 1952),
- Belgians Stan Ockers (1955) and the legendary Eddy Merckx (1972),
- Italians Moreno Argentin (1991) and Davide Rebellin (2004),
- Spaniard Alejandro Valverde (2006),
- and finally Belgian Philippe Gilbert as recently as 2011!
The race starts in Liege at 10am. The riders reach Bastogne between 12:30pm and 1pm and then return to Liege.
- tel. : +32 (0) 61 24 09 00
- website : http://www.letour.fr/indexLBL_fr.html
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Italian Days!
- Marionettes du Monde - Puppets from Around the World in Stavelot
- Exhibition - L'art et la Lumière - Lighting by Olivier Kruft in Malmedy
- "Une vie de chapeaux" - A hat's life. A hat for each head? - Exhibition
- A Walloon Christmas in a Museum!