Saint Eloi's Day - Folkore and tradition in Laneffe
Established in 1635, its aim was to help plague victims and organise appropriate funerals for these poor people. In Laneffe, 22 - 24/06/13!
At this time, terrible plague epidemics ravaged these regions. Brothers organised processions to protect their village from plague.
This is the origin of our march which takes place on the Sunday nearest to 25 June, which is the date when Saint-Eloi's relics were transferred to Noyon cathedral.
The houses in the village will be decorated with a new banner in the Laneffe colours and with an effigy of Saint Eloi.
Free of charge.
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 65 57 95
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town WALCOURT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey
- The Summer Twilight Tours
- "Red Deer Rut" Weekend in Han-sur-Lesse
- Special Father Christmas Train between Mariembourg and Treignes
- International "Jeu de Rôles" (Role-Play) Festival in Dinant & Haute-Meuse!