Procession and Military Parade of the Magdalene
This famous march is still one of the most quaint traditional events of the Sambre region with its unusual dance of the pilgrims! In Jumet in July 2014.
This dance takes place at a point in the procession when they reach a place known as "Tierre al' danse":
At a certain moment during the parade, all the participants, including the clergy, begin dancing in a devilish and demented way. They do this in a specific place where during the plague of 1380 a messenger brought news of the recovery of the Lady of the Castle. This recovery was said to have been brought about by her devotion shown to St Mary Magdalene.
Once the field is crossed, everyone resumes their position, the parade resumes the solemnity of before and they carry on reciting the common prayers.
Above all, this event stands out for its Sunday "stroll" (a 25 km journey from Roux to Gosselies, passing through Courcelles, Viesville and Thiméon), its outdoor mass and its medal ceremony for the walkers on Monday.
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 86 14 14
Tourist information on the town CHARLEROI
Visit our partners' webpages
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Jean-François D'Or Exhibition. Moodboards
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Tony Oursler Exhibition - Phantasmagoria
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate