Millenium - The Brussels International Documentary Film Festival
Renowned international event for the general public and professionals who love documentary films. In Brussels from 03 to 11/04/14!
6th edition of a festival which offers 100 documentaries from the four corners of the globe! This edition's schedule will take place around the theme of "North-South relations".
A selection of stunning films will explore the mechanisms of these relations in an attempt to reveal its nature, faults and its weaknesses. The films and discussions with their creators will enable a decrypting of the effects of this global phenomenon.
Created to showcase the Millennium Development Goals defined by the United Nations in 2000, the festival aims to show what is at stake and the major ideals of our era...
The Web-Doc Meetings!Millenium Festival will also organise Web-Doc Meetings on the 1st and 2nd of June: a series of activities and meetings dedicated to web-documentaries and cross-medias.
This new form of expression is a growing success and is aimed both at traditional cinema enthusiasts and the new 'Internet generation'.
David Dufresne, director of well-known web-documentary 'Prison Valley' will be Patron of the event.
Pitching competitionFor the occasion, the festival will organise a pitching competition. The principle is simple: write a proposal of a web-documentary and present it in front of industry professionals.
Participants must submit their proposals before a set date and the 5 best proposals will be presented by their writers to a panel made up of: creators, famous producers and distributors who will also provide input and advice.
After the presentations, two prizes will be awarded:
- A €2500 grant towards production of the project,
- the finished web-documentary will shown on the website of newspaper Le Soir.
Don't hesitate to join the Festival's community on Facebook!
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 642 24 50
- website : http://www.festivalmillenium.org
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Lion Mound Hamlet - 1815 Historical Reenactments
- Exhibition: Vu à la Radio (Seen on the Radio) - 100 years of Belgian radio
- Printemps de l'Abbaye de Villers-la-Ville - Spring at the Abbey
- Vies de Zinc (Lives in Zinc) Exhibition at La Fonderie
- Cristina Iglesias Exhibition at Brussels Fine Arts Museum