Procession of Our Lady of Ittre & 15 August celebrations
This procession of Notre Dame d'Ittre has been held since 1384 along a traditional route with three repositories. Discover it in Ittre on 15/08/14!
People prayed to Our Lady of Ittre over the centuries, to help remedy outbreaks of plague, fever and infirmity. However, she specialised in curing hernias.
In the 19th century, the pilgrimage was considered as the 3rd most important after Hal and Montaigu. Nowadays, the procession once again carries banners and is accompanied by the village band and a large group of horse riders.
This event always takes place on 15 August.
Mass at 9:30am in the Notre-Dame church. Departure of the procession at 10:30am. The procession is followed by a fun fair, concerts and dancing until late at night.
- tel. : +32 (0) 67 64 87 74
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town ITTRE
Visit our partners' webpages
- War & Toys. Belgian Toys of 1914-1918 - Exhibition in Brussels
- The Color Run - The Happiest 5km on the Planet!
- François Schuiten - Le Temps des Cités (The Age of Cities)
- Storytelling Walks, Signed Walks...for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- The Tour & Taxis E-Experience