Festival celebrating the tomato: sales, books, entertainment, food, decorations, games... Discover the many facets of this fruit in Hogne, 08/09/13!
The 3rd exciting tomato festival!
And finally... where does the word 'tomato' come from?
Like the potato, the tomato comes from South America.
It was firstly grown in Peru (and was formerly called the 'Peru apple'), then in Mexico where the natives called it 'tomalt' or 'tomalti', derived from the Aztec word 'zitomate'.
This is the kind of thing you'll learn throughout the day!
All kinds of activities are planned to keep everyone happy, whatever their age.
- tel. : +32 (0) 86 32 25 67
- website : http://www.sommeleuze.be
Tourist information on the town SOMME-LEUZE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey
- The Summer Twilight Tours
- "Red Deer Rut" Weekend in Han-sur-Lesse
- International "Jeu de Rôles" (Role-Play) Festival in Dinant & Haute-Meuse!