Gourmet Middle Ages Weekend!
Medieval weekend (the theme changes yearly) about the regional heritage and linked activities. In Hermalle-sous-Huy on 13 and 14 July 2013
As well as the modern classics, the museum tavern presents a series of ancient delicacies at very reasonable prices: Hypocras, Apple soup, Ténoise sauce mushrooms, Saulge sausage, lemon or honey pancakes, Lombard eggs.
All these recipes have been selected from cookery books in the Gourmet Library.
Next to Hermalle Castle with its 12th century towers, the farm that once pertained to the castle still bears the signs of mediaeval architecture: vaulted halls with intersecting ribs that Paris Match has dubbed "the chapter houses".
You can see them in the farm, slaughter houses and the gatehouse... which are still working!
The visit on these two days includes a free explanation at 2:30pm on the architectural evolution of the farm-castle site.
Lovers of history and knowledge: don't miss this destination!
Tourist information on the town ENGIS
- CHATEAU FARM OF HERMALLE-SOUS-HUY (HERMALLE-SOUS-HUY)
Visit our partners' webpages
- "Une vie de chapeaux" - A hat's life. A hat for each head? - Exhibition
- A Walloon Christmas in a Museum!
- Exhibition - L'art et la Lumière - Lighting by Olivier Kruft in Malmedy
- Exhibition: Le Bon Brasseur - from Piedboeuf to Jupiler at Grand Curtius
- The magic of Christmas in Stavelot - Market, flea market, lights & puppets