"Mountches" Parade at Comines-Warneton
- MAPS: Google Maps
Originally celebrated by the Warneton Abbey monks, this celebration is still dedicated to St. Nicholas. In Comines-Warneton, 07/12!
All dressed in white, the "Mountches" (little monks) march and dance their way through the streets, accompanied by floats and giants, to the rhythm of the Saint Nicholas parade - the only nocturnal procession in the region.
The burning of the Mountches effigy and a fireworks display are also part of the celebrations.
Start of the parade on the Chaussée d'Ypres at 5pm.
Children can also get their hands on a costume, by calling the info number below.
The parade takes place on the first Saturday of December every year.
- tel. : +32 (0) 56 55 76 84
- website : http://www.villedecomines-warneton.be
Tourist information on the town COMINES-WARNETON
Visit our partners' webpages
- Living objects. Made for India - Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Jean-François D'Or Exhibition. Moodboards
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Tony Oursler Exhibition - Phantasmagoria