Laetare Carnival in Welkenraedt
Discover this large popular festival which follows the tradition of the great Rhine carnivals. In Welkenraedt, from 28 to 30/03/14!
One of the highlights of this festival is the coronation of both the children's Princely Couple and the Carnival Prince and Princess.
Aside from these events the main attraction would have to be the Great Calvacade which brings together an impressive number of groups as well as many original and fabulously decorated floats.
The Great Cavalcade offers spectators a magnificent parade in front of the Town Hall, during the afternoon of Laetare. The festivities are brought to a close with a grand ball at the Cultural Centre.
- Children's parade 29/03,
- International procession of the Laetare on 30/03,
- The parade sets off from rue Grande Bruyère at 1pm and animations on the Place des Combattants. The party after the parade will take place on place des combattants on 30/03.
- tel. : +32 (0) 87 88 11 09
- website : http://www.si-welkenraedt.be
Tourist information on the town WELKENRAEDT
Visit our partners' webpages
- International contemporary engraving biennial & festival
- Il était une fois 1914 - An alliance of exhibition and comics in Stavelot!
- World Touring Car Championship in Spa-Francorchamps
- Liège in turmoil - Exhibition at the Museum of Walloon Life