PROCESSION OF NOTRE-DAME DES AFFLIGES
At 9 a.m, the procession leaves from the parish church of Villers (Church of the Visitation). Going by "Les Quatre Chênes" and the "Porte de Nivelles", it stops at every chapel on it's way. A mass is held at about 10.30 a.m. in the abbey-church. On the way back, in the direction of Mellery after having crossed the "Porte de Namur", a particular stop is made at the chapel "Notre-Dame des Affligés".
This event always takes place on the second Sunday of May.
Tourist information on the town VILLERS-LA-VILLE
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Lion Mound Hamlet - 1815 Historical Re-enactments
- Culinaria - Event dedicated to Belgian cuisine & its starred chefs
- Around the World in 80 Letters at the Museum of Letters and Manuscripts
- Constant Meunier: a Retrospective Exhibition
- Couleur Café Music Festival, 25th edition in Brussels