Procession and Sainte Renelde Tour
The procession takes place on horseback (musicians included) and honours St. Renelde, the Patron Saint of the village. In Saintes on 25 and 26/05/13.
Between 150 and 200 people make up the procession!
A riders' mass is held at 5 am, after which the 'Grand Tour' sets off at 7:30am, to the sound of the musicians on horseback.
They travel 30km to the borders of the surrounding communes before returning to Saintes at around 5pm to escort the chariot on its journey to the church.
Saturday 10/06 at night: solemn salute in the Sainte-Renelde church during which the Saint's relics are put on the chariot.
Sunday 11/06 in the morning: the chariot sets off on a 28km journey around the parish of Saintes. A mass will be held in Quenast at 10am. The solemn return to the church is planned around 4pm.
Monday 12/06 in the morning: small procession around the church.
The procession always takes place the Sunday after Whitsun
Visit our partners' webpages
- WoW - "Wonders of Wildlife" exhibition in Brussels
- ID#2016, Digital Sound & Light installation in Brussels
- The paleoLAB at the Museum of natural Sciences
- Andres Serrano - Uncensored photographs in Brussels
- Creative Workshop at the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate