Folklore and Traditions - Saint-Hubert Festivities: Patronal Festival
Patron Saint of hunters since the 9th century, Saint-Hubert is called upon for a successful hunt and to protect the dogs and horses. In Saint-Hubert, 03/11/13.
From 9 am activities have been arranged in front of the basilica, including traditional groups, a crafts market, hunting horn blowers, horse riders, hunters, and the companions of St Hubert and even flag throwers...
After mass at 11am, the distribution of blessed bread and the blessing of the animals will take place on the steps of the church in the presence of the hunting horn blowers.
The ceremony is followed by a crafts market where one can taste and buy local products as well as enjoy the various entertainment and activities.
- 9am: Mass at the Saint Hubert basilica
- 9am: Artisan market - tasting and sale of regional produce
- 9:30am to 10:30am: Blessed Sacrement and confessions (at the crypte)
- 10am: Sounding of the hunting horns, falconry demonstration, flag throwers, dog training demonstration (in the town centre)
- 10:45am: Meet and departure of the parade towards the basilica (at Place du Fays)
- 11am: Large mass in honour of Saint Hubert by the Royal-Forêt Saint-Hubert and sung by the parish choir. (at the basilica)
- Blessing of the bread and placing of the relic (at the basilica)
- 12:15pm: blessing of the animals (in front of the basilica)
- 1am: departure of the equestrian rally (at the sports complex).
Tourist information on the town SAINT-HUBERT