Folklore And Tradition
Combat de l'Échasse d'Or - Fight for the Golden Stilt in Namur
The fight for the golden stilt is the main traditional event of the year for all stilt walker. A moment of pure tradition in Namur on 21/09/14!
The event is organised on the 3rd Sunday in September, usually as part of the Walloon festivals.
For each fight, the contestants stand in line. At the sound of the drums, the two groups move forward to the place of combat. The aim is to make their opponent fall suing their elbows or stilts.
Today, young people from Namur still continue this popular game with spectacular and lively fights which bring the history and traditions of the city of Namur to life once more.
- tel. : +32 (0) 81 73 92 98
- fax : +32 (0) 81 46 18 03
- tel. : +32 (0) 81 46 16 52
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town NAMUR
Visit our partners' webpages
- Namur Legend, classic motorcycles at the Namur Citadel
- Food-lovers' walk in the Han-sur-Lesse Wildlife Reserve
- Christmas 2014 at the Annevoie Gardens
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey
- Special "Père Noël" Train between Mariembourg and Treignes
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.