Doudou: Car d'Or, Lumeçon Battle & Ducasse Sainte-Waudru
The Procession of the Car d'Or is 657 years old and has been recognised as a masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO. In Mons on 31/05/15!
The battle of "Lumeçon", which comes from a medieval game, tells the story of Saint George's fight with the Dragon each one benefiting from the help of numerous allies.
- A ritual Ducasse: a recognised Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity with 4 highlights: taking the shrine down from its altar, the procession of the Car d'or, the ascent of the Car d'Or and the Lumeçon battle between St George and the Dragon.
- A festive Ducasse: concerts, Military Music festival, lantern procession, jumble sale, etc.
- The little Lumeçon: a real combat, solely dedicated to children.
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Halloween at Naturaparc
- The Hainaut's Waterways Celebrate Halloween - Cruises
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!