Sports : Cycling
International Cycling Classic "Liege-Bastogne-Liege"
Experience the 100th edition of the oldest of the international cycling 'Classics'. Lots of surprises await you in Liège in April 2015!
Also known as the 'Doyenne' ( the oldest), the race is one of the 5 'Classics' of the European cycling calendar. It is part of the Belgian Ardennes Classics series, which includes other iconic races such as 'La Flèche Wallone'. Only seven riders have ever won both races in the same year:
- Swiss rider Ferdi Kübler (in 1951 and 1952),
- Belgians Stan Ockers (1955) and Eddy Merckx (1972),
- Italians Moreno Argentin (1991) and Davide Rebellin (2004),
- Spaniard Alejandro Valverde (2006),
- and finally Belgian Philippe Gilbert as recently as 2011!
The 100th edition!
For the 100th anniversary, let's celebrate! It has been said that originally, the organisers were hoping for a Liège-Paris-Liège route.
However, they didn't lose out stopping off at Bastogne, the route's emblematic city that will be celebrated by a special sprint at the 100km point during the race!
The majority of the big hills in the route will indeed be present in this year's race, making this edition a historic moment!
The Côtes des Forges, a key feature in the 80s, and the Roche-aux-Faucons will therefore be making a comeback, along with the mythical Stockeu hills, la Redoute and Saint-Nicholas hills, which have contributed to the legend of the challenge.
The race starts in Liege at 10am. The riders reach Bastogne between 12:30pm and 1pm and then return to Liege.
- tel. : +32 (0) 61 24 09 00
- website : http://www.letour.fr/indexLBL_fr.html
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Total 24 Hours of Spa
- International contemporary engraving biennial & festival
- Bikers' Days
- Formula 1 Belgium Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps
- Liège in turmoil - Exhibition at the Museum of Walloon Life
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.