Exhibition : Art
International contemporary engraving biennial & festival
The Engraving Biennale offers a complex and varied overview of the art of engraving from all over the world. In Liège from 27/03 to 24/05/15!
Dozens of engravers from all over the world will come to Liège on the occasion of the 10th biennale edition.
In all, over 20 exhibits transport you to the unique world of engraving and etching. It will take place at the BAL (Fine Arts Museum) and throughout the city.
Engraving at its finest!
The first biennial took place in 1983. For last year's, the title was changed to "contemporary engraving", reflecting a desire to break away from the clichés of traditional black and white engraving, and open it up to new techniques and experiments.
A few figures about the Biennale:
- 58 artists, selected from 600 applications, showing original, recent works.
- 24 countries represented:
- some familiar, such as Canada, Brazil, Colombia and Japan... and others here for the first time, such as South Africa, Paraguay and Kosovo.
The event will be held at the same time as: La Fête de la Gravure.
- tel. : +32 (0) 4 342 39 23
- fax : +32 (0) 4 341 44 04
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.