Folklore And Tradition : Festivities And Folkloric Traditions
"EL CAYOTEU 1900" folkloric procession and activities
Come and learn about the "Cayoteux," the porphyry miners, and celebrate over a 10-day period in Lessines on 09 and 10/08/14!
The quarry workers of Lessines honour St Roch, who became their Patron Saint simply because of his name.
On Sunday morning, some old quarrymen crush the stones in public using the same methods as in times gone by.
Among the different fairground attractions, there is a procession of brass bands and giants, followed by a long train of floats and traditional groups.
- tel. : +32 (0) 68 33 36 90
- website : http://www.elcayoteu1900.be
Tourist information on the town LESSINES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- A lady of the manor in the trenches at Louvignies castle
- Dour Music Festival 2015
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.