Carnival of Laetare
The Laetare festivities begin on Friday with the traditional children's carnival in Baume.
From 1:30pm, hundreds of children will parade through the Baume neighbourhood, to the local school, where a big rondeau will conclude the afternoon.
Sunday: rondeau at 12:30pm and fireworks display at 9pm at the Place Communale.
Monday: Start of the parade from Place Maugrétout-Albert 1er as of 5pm, followed by the final rondeau at Place Mansart. Fireworks display at 10pm.
Tuesday: the burning of the bumps all over town from 9:45pm and every 'Gilles' society has its own favourite site to burn their bumps, the most noteworthy being: place Mansart for Les Boute-en-Train, place Mansart for Les Gilles de Bouvy, and place Maugretout for Les Maugretout.
For more information: http://www.carnavallalouviere.be
- tel. : +32 (0) 64 26 15 00
- fax : +32 (0) 64 27 79 03
Tourist information on the town LA LOUVIERE
Visit our partners' webpages
- A lady of the manor in the trenches at Louvignies castle
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Dour Music Festival 2015
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience