World Oceans Day
This international day aims to remind us and make us aware of the role of oceans as a source of life. It will take place worldwide on 08/06/13.
Simultaneously over 5 continents, aquariums, science centres, museums, associations and educational institutions for the marine environment in the World Ocean Network will offer the public, of all ages, festivities full of fun activities that make a real difference.
Artistic and educational workshops, conferences, beach/port clean-ups, films, stories and competitions are organised simultaneously throughout the week and weekend.
Operations are planned on 5 continents, in France as well as in Mauritania, Italy, the United States, Australia and Denmark.
Objectives of World Oceans Day
The 4 main objectives:
- To make people adopt a new perspective by encouraging them to think about what water represents,
- To raise awareness of living creatures and the habitats existing in our rivers and oceans,
- To change our habits in order to preserve them for future generations,
- To celebrate.
Discover the multitude of events linked to the day on the site below!
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 414 02 09
- website : http://www.worldoceannetwork.org/FR/page-AGIR_ENSEMBLE-Journ__e_Mondiale_de_l_Oc__an-5-20.htm
- Brussels Aquarium (KOEKELBERG)