Magdalene Folkloric March in Jumeth
6040 JUMET (CHARLEROI)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Magdalene Tour on Jumet is a religious procession escorted by military societies and their brass bands. Heritage recognised by UNESCO!
How the March works
The Legend of Saint Mary Magdalene
The legend says that in 1380, a plague epidemic devastated the region, sapring no-one, not even the Lady of the Manor. The inhabitants of the hamlet organised a procession to pray for a cure.
Find out more on The Entre-Sambre-et-Meuse Folkloric Marches
How the Marches work
UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 86 14 14
Tourist information on the town CHARLEROI
Visit our partners' webpages
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- A lady of the manor in the trenches at Louvignies castle
- Les Musicales de Beloeil - Beloeil Music Experience
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!