Millenium - The Brussels International Documentary Film Festival
Renowned international event for the general public and professionals who love documentary films. In Brussels in April 2015!
6th edition of a festival which offers 100 documentaries from the four corners of the globe! The 2014 schedule took place around the theme of "North-South relations".
A selection of stunning films explored the mechanisms of these relations in an attempt to reveal its nature, faults and its weaknesses. The films and discussions with their creators enabled a decrypting of the effects of this global phenomenon.
Created to showcase the Millennium Development Goals defined by the United Nations in 2000, the festival showed what is at stake and the major ideals of our era...
The Web-Doc Meetings!
This new form of expression is a growing success and is aimed both at traditional cinema enthusiasts and the new 'Internet generation'.
David Dufresne, director of well-known web-documentary 'Prison Valley' was Patron of the event.
Pitching competitionFor the occasion, the festival organised a pitching competition. The principle is simple: write a proposal of a web-documentary and present it in front of industry professionals.
Participants submitted their proposals before a set date and the 5 best proposals will be presented by their writers to a panel made up of: creators, famous producers and distributors who will also provide input and advice.
After the presentations, two prizes were awarded:
- A €2500 grant towards production of the project,
- the finished web-documentary will shown on the website of newspaper Le Soir.
Don't hesitate to join the Festival's community on Facebook!
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 642 24 50
- website : http://www.festivalmillenium.org
Visit our partners' webpages
- Storytelling Walks, Signed Walks...for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Couleur Café Music Festival, 25th edition in Brussels
- Brussels Antiques Fair - BRAFA 14
- The paleoLAB at the Museum of natural Sciences
- International Brussels Tattoo Convention