Event : Region
Tomato festival in Hogne
Festival celebrating the tomato: sales, books, entertainment, food, decorations, games... Discover the many facets of this fruit in Hogne on 14/09/14!
The 4th exciting tomato festival!
And finally... where does the word 'tomato' come from? Like the potato, the tomato comes from South America. It was firstly grown in Peru (and was formerly called the 'Peru apple'), then in Mexico where the natives called it 'tomalt' or 'tomalti', derived from the Aztec word 'zitomate'.
This is the kind of thing you'll learn throughout the day!
All kinds of activities are planned to keep everyone happy, whatever their age.
- tel. : +32 (0) 86 32 25 67
- website : http://www.sommeleuze.be/events/4eme-fete-de-la-tomate/?searchterm=f%C3%AAte%20de%20la%20tomate
Tourist information on the town SOMME-LEUZE
Visit our partners' webpages
- "Red Deer Rut" Weekend in Han-sur-Lesse
- Food-lovers' walk in the Han-sur-Lesse Wildlife Reserve
- Namur Legend, classic motorcycles at the Namur Citadel
- Steam Festival - Locomotive festival in Mariembourg
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.