Event : Region
Tomato festival in Hogne
Festival celebrating the tomato: sales, books, entertainment, food, decorations, games... Discover the many facets of this fruit in Hogne on 14/09/14!
The 4th exciting tomato festival!
And finally... where does the word 'tomato' come from? Like the potato, the tomato comes from South America. It was firstly grown in Peru (and was formerly called the 'Peru apple'), then in Mexico where the natives called it 'tomalt' or 'tomalti', derived from the Aztec word 'zitomate'.
This is the kind of thing you'll learn throughout the day!
All kinds of activities are planned to keep everyone happy, whatever their age.
- tel. : +32 (0) 86 32 25 67
- website : http://www.sommeleuze.be/
Tourist information on the town SOMME-LEUZE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Maredsous Abbey's Christmas Market
- Food-lovers' walk in the Han-sur-Lesse Wildlife Reserve
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey
- Namur Legend, classic motorcycles at the Namur Citadel
- Special "Halloween" Train... The Horror Train!
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.