PROCESSION OF SAINTE-ROLENDE
This march is one of the most important as well as one of the longest and most popular of all the processions of Entre-Sambre-et-Meuse : it starts very early in the morning at 2 am to the sound of fifes and drums and continues until dusk. From 4 am to 6 pm this folkloric parade which is made up of some three thousand marchers dressed in Napoleonic costumes and representing a considerable number of different military companies, makes its way through a total of ten villages. The grand finale is when the procession enters the streets of the centre of Gerpinnes at around 6 pm.
The procession (37 km) leaves the centre of Gerpinnes at 4 am., after the military mass at 3.45 am.
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 50 14 85
- email : Info@si-gerpinnes.be
Tourist information on the town GERPINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- A lady of the manor in the trenches at Louvignies castle
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Dour Music Festival 2015
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!