Large Bonfire in Falisolle
With more than 1070m³ in 2013, the bonfire of Falisolle, a municipality of Sambreville la chaleureuse, was the largest of the large bonfires. In Falisolle on 08/03/14!
What is the history of this large bonfire?
According to Michel Rosart, this event has been celebrated in Falisolle well over 200 times. The monks of Oignies abbey (expelled by French revolutionaries in 1794) wrote of seeing one. That makes it at least 220 years old.
The parade departs at 7:30pm from place Albert Ier. The most recent bride and groom from the Falisolle neighbourhood light the bonfire in the "pré des monts" around 8pm.
Death of the winter (symbolic character placed on the top of the bonfire) takes place shortly after. The fancy-dress ball with its prize starts at 9pm in the municipal party hall.
This year it will be 1500m³! Come and see it, it's free!
- website : http://www.paysdesvallees.be/fr/grand-feu-de-falisolle.html?IDC=25816&IDD=721434023
Tourist information on the town SAMBREVILLE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Namur Legend, classic motorcycles at the Namur Citadel
- Steam Festival - Locomotive festival in Mariembourg
- The Cave's hidden denizens - Visits in Han-sur-Lesse
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey