Folklore And Tradition : Middle Ages
Medieval Fair - Journée Froissart in Estinnes-au-Mont
Come and discover the Middle Ages! Enjoy lots of activities and a glass of Vieille des Estinnes or hypocras, which await you in Estinnnes on 27 and 28/09/14!
The medieval market consists of some 25 artisans proposing:
- Calligraphy, jewellery and leather objects,
- Breton produce, healing stones and clothing,
- Decoration objects, fairy figurines and mead,
- Musical instruments, wooden toys and breads,
- Biscuits, salted meat and medieval wines,
- Children's costumes, hibiscus flower produce and lots more!
5 companies will also be present with their camp, in addition to troubadours,jugglers, magicians and falconers.
You will also get the chance to discover the everyday working life of a basket maker, blacksmith, potter, stone mason, gunsmith, archer...
There will also be introduction sessions to archery, bird of prey demonstrations, beer making, conserving food in salt, dying material with natural products...
Don't forget that the festive party will take place from 6pm on the Saturday on the occasion of the Journées Froissart!
Practical informationFrom 11am. Venue: Espace Muchette, gardens of the Museum for Rural Life and Old Crafts. Animated medieval meal at 12 pm - banquet limited to 70 persons. Reservation required: +32 (0)64/31 13 26
- tel. : +32 (0) 64 31 13 26
- website : http://fete-medievale-froissart.skynetblogs.be
Tourist information on the town ESTINNES
- Museum of Country Life and Old Crafts (ESTINNES-AU-MONT)
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Hainaut's Waterways Celebrate Halloween - Cruises
- Dour Music Festival 2015
- UNESCO Discovery Circuits in Mons
- Halloween at Naturaparc
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.