Carnival and Parade in Dinant
8th Dinant carnival. Admire the large parade, the costumes and the locals celebrating in the presence of Dinant's giants! On 06/03/14.
The giants are called Guinguet, Cafonnette and Bayard. Bayard is quite well known. He is a magical bay horse that, according to legend, continues to roam the Ardennes forest, where you can hear his whinny on the summer solstice.
So who are Guinguet and Cafonnette and what remarkable feat have they carried out?
It was in 1815 that the three Debri brothers, known as "les Guinguet" performed a brave act. They stopped the cosacks at the Bayard pass, no less!
That is how they saved Dinant, imprisoned 2000 cosacks and earned their place in the carnival parade.
Enjoy the town's traditions and customs, not to mention the friendly and good-humoured atmosphere that reigns!
Dress up then why not take part in the wheelbarrow decorating competition and give your barrow decorations that are linked to your costume (individual entry or as a group). Sign up on site on the day.
This event is free of charge. 2pm: the parade sets off from Dinant Cultural Centre.
- tel. : +32 (0) 82 71 01 24
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town DINANT
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Cave's hidden denizens - Visits in Han-sur-Lesse
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey
- Namur Legend, classic motorcycles at the Namur Citadel
- Prehistoric Weekend in Han-sur-Lesse!
- Steam Festival - Locomotive festival in Mariembourg