"Mountches" Parade at Comines-Warneton
Originally celebrated by the Warneton Abbey monks, this celebration is still dedicated to St. Nicholas. In Comines-Warneton, December 2014!
All dressed in white, the "Mountches" (little monks) march and dance their way through the streets, accompanied by floats and giants, to the rhythm of the Saint Nicholas parade - the only nocturnal procession in the region.
The burning of the Mountches effigy and a fireworks display are also part of the celebrations.
Start of the parade on the Chaussée d'Ypres at 5pm.
Children can also get their hands on a costume, by calling the info number below.
The parade takes place on the first Saturday of December every year.
- tel. : +32 (0) 56 55 76 84
- website : http://www.villedecomines-warneton.be
Tourist information on the town COMINES-WARNETON
Visit our partners' webpages
- Weekend of Experimental Archaeology in Aubechies
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- A lady of the manor in the trenches at Louvignies castle
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Dour Music Festival 2015