Event : Nature
Wine festival on the Herlaimont slag heap!
Discover this vineyard at the heart of Wallonia on the schistose, stony soil of a former colliery. In Herlaimont, the 13, 14, 20 and 21/09/14!
Trees are flourishing on this soil which was reportedly sterile: a real forest of beeches, oaks, pines, poplars and cherry trees are growing vigorously alongside an orchard abounding with peach trees, pear trees, cherry trees and apple trees.
Wine-making activities are part of this region's past: in the 16th century, there was a place called "Le Vignois" at Trazegnies where grape vines grew.
In memory of this local history, the wine produced is labelled "Château de Trazegnies" and features the illustrious family's crest.
Free entry and guided tours.
- fax : +32 (0) 71 45 10 46
Tourist information on the town CHAPELLE-LEZ-HERLAIMONT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- A lady of the manor in the trenches at Louvignies castle
- Dour Music Festival 2015
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.