Folklore And Tradition : Flowers
The Brussels 2014 Flower Carpet on the Grand Place
This creation is a genuine challenge: 1800m², 1 million flowers and artisans working tirelessly at the Grand Place in Brussels from 15 to 17/08/14!
This summery weekend welcomes this authentic masterpiece of floral art that adorns the Grand Place cobblestones.
This magnificent multicoloured carpet can be admired from the balcony of the City Hall, which will be open to visitors.
The Flower Carpet only happens every two years, so don't hesitate to come and admire it in 2014.
Composition of the Flower Carpet
Around 750,000 begonias are used. They offer a rich palette of bright, glimmering colours and can boldly resist the sun's heat. Cut only once, as the creators place them directly onto the cobblestones, without soil.
The result? A ephemeral flower scene, that must be seen at least once in your life.
The design and preparation of this monumental piece of work has taken months. However, the setting-up process takes just one day. The expert creators behind it appreciate the fiddly bits that comes with it. This floral piece of work is completely out of the ordinary.
2014's theme is Turkey!
The Flower Carpet is set up for just 1 weekend, that being the Assomption public holiday.
Why not come and admire it for free at the Grand Place. Or opt for a panoramic view from the Town Hall balcony (although, there is a charge for this).
Flower Carpet 2014 Competition
- website : http://ticketing.visitbrussels.be/en/calendar/init/393
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
- website : http://www.flowercarpet.be
- The Grand-Place in Brussels (BRUXELLES)
Visit our partners' webpages
- 100 years in the Balkans, Comic books in resistance
- Creative Workshop at the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate
- Historical Expo: 14-18, it's our History!
- Classic Racing Car Restoration Workshop
- Storytelling Walks, Signed Walks...for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.