Walnut Fair and December Historical Perimetre Walk in Bastogne
Commemoration of the liberation of Bastogne: homage at the memorial, Mardasson and on the steles of Generals Mc Auliffe and Patton. December 2014.
It's also Lovers' Day! Perimeter walk from 8am to 9:30am: 35th Bastogne - Hemrouille Sector Defensive Perimeter walk.
Sets off from the Sports centre for 7,13 or 22km.
Sunday at 10am: Pyrotechnics show Recogne - Cobru. At 2:30pm: parade of military vehicles along the Grand'rue in Bastogne.
Patriotic ceremony at 3pm: the patriotic parade sets off from the town hall.
Laying of floral wreaths at the Patton and McAuliffe monuments.
At 4pm: walnut distribution from the balcony of the town hall and reconstruction of the positions and camps in Recogne (by Duty First and HMRA).
Throughout the weekend:
- ABC Organisation at Parc des Expositions (walks and parade)
- Bastogne Barracks (rue de La Roche 40 - tel: 061/24 21 24)
- McAuliffe basement
- Christmas Dinner dioramas
- Military market/exchange
- WWII vehicles and excavation pieces exhibition followed by vehicles parade in the barracks
- Battle of the Bulge and Desert Strom exhibition
- workshops visit
- photographs and period films exhibition
- Museums 1A and 3A: reconstruction!
In short, a busy weekend for enthusiasts and those who are curious.
- tel. : +32 (0) 61 24 09 30
- website : http://www.bastogne.be
Tourist information on the town BASTOGNE