Download our brochures for free:
Classification of tourist accommodation and furnished holiday accommodation
Rural gîtes, farm gîtes, furnished holiday accommodation*
(Épis = equivalent of stars for countryside accommodation)
- 1 épi / 1 key: accommodation with a basic level of comfort provided with, at least, a living room area with heating, a kitchen area (hotplates, oven, fridge), bathroom/toilet facilities, bedrooms equipped and suitable for the capacity of the accommodation;
- 2 épis / 2 keys : accommodation with a good level of comfort which, in addition to the modern conveniences required for the 1 ear/1 key category, must also have a coffee machine, a shower room, fitted heating in the living rooms and the shower room (the heating in the bedrooms may be of an additional nature);
- 3 épis / 3 keys : accommodation with a very good level of comfort which, in addition to the modern conveniences required for the 2 ears/2 keys category, must have a freezer, a bathroom, (+ a second bathroom for 9 or more people), a separate WC, (+ second WC for 7 or more people), fitted heating in all the rooms, a colour TV, a lawn and parking area;
4 épis / 4 keys: accommodations with a luxury level of comfort offering a personal welcome and active leisure facilities as well as a wide range of modern conveniences, which, in addition to those required for the 3 ears/ 3 keys category, must include a dishwasher, a washing machine, a central heating system, a telephone, a garage or covered car port and a private garden.
- 1 épi: room with basic fixtures and fittings equipped with heating and a washbasin; the other bathroom/toilet facilities may be shared;
- 2 épis: room with a good level of comfort with modern conveniences superior to those of the 1 ear room. Breakfast is always provided there;
- 3 épis: room with a very good level of comfort which must have en-suite bathroom/toilet facilities and very good quality bedding;
4 épis: room with an excellent level of comfort in terms of both fixtures & fittings and equipment. Additional modern conveniences are provided there.
*Minimum criteria per category (non-exhaustive list), as other elements may be taken into account for the classification. In addition to other requirements, accommodations that do not fulfill one of the basic criteria of a category are listed in the category below.